Friday, September 28, 2012

I'm here!

Well, I'm here.  I said I was going to do it, and I did it!  I'm living in Sweden.  I've come here to do a PhD in biomedical science at the Karolinska Institute and, so far, it has been quite a ride.  I came at the beginning of September so I've been here for about a month, and in that time I have already seen a lot of cool things: things that have made me appreciate the US, and things that have reenforced my belief that Americans as a people have a lot to learn.

The idea behind this blog is to chronicle my experience in Sweden during my PhD.  Though, I'd like it also to be a sort of resource for any Americans who are interested in moving to Sweden.  Periodically, I'll probably just write some informative posts regarding visa applications, good sites to go to for help finding housing, information on good Swedish courses, and the like.  I will say this though: the translate function of google chrome is VERY helpful.  But leave comments with questions, and I'll try to answer them as best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment